Thanks to Doug Bowman’s blog post, I learned how to build a custom archive of my tweets. It’s very handy for finding that elusive “hey, didn’t I tweet about that a few weeks ago?” thought. Here’s how it works.
Using WordPress to archive tweets
- Install WordPress.
- Install Twitter Tools & connect your Twitter account.
- Set “Create a blog post from each of your tweets?” to “Yes.”
This will pull your future tweets into WordPress, making them browsable & searchable.
What about past tweets?
- Visit TweetBackup.com & connect your Twitter account (using OAuth).
- Wait a minute for TweetBackup to finish grabbing your tweets (limited to 3,200 tweets).
- Export your archive in RSS format & save to your computer.
- Use WordPress’ RSS importer to import the TweetBackup file from your computer.
That’s it! This will import all your old tweets to WordPress, creating single posts for each tweet.